THE ACT-Monaro DGA ORDER OF MERIT COMPETITIONS for 2019
Two Competitions ……………1) SCRATCH 2) HANDICAP
INFORMATION AND CONDITIONS (version: 8/02/2019)
1) These events are only open to amateur men golfers who are playing members of an ACT-Monaro District Golf Club and meet the following two criteria:
- a) Hold a current GA handicap; and
- b) Are eligible to play in the various Club Opens Events listed below; and pay the appropriate entry fee for any event they enter.
Note: a member of an ACTM Club, that has a home club outside the District, will only be included in the OOMs if they advise the OOM Coordinator by email that they wish to be considered in the OOM, stating their home club and their ACTM club.
Entry into the OOM will be automatic when the results from an individual Open Competition from Golflink are entered into the ACT-M DGA’s GolfBox Competition software system.
2) The leading players in both the Scratch and Handicap events will be encouraged to play in the final event — the ACT-M District Championships (Dec) – where double normal points will be awarded. The top ~10 players in the Scratch and Handicap event will be exempt from any handicap ballots that may apply for this event, as the field size is sometimes limited.
3) These competitions will be based on points awarded for individual performances at a selection of ACT-M Club Open events during 2019, as listed below (this list may be varied).
1) Gold Creek Classic & Bowl Jan 2019
2) Queanbeyan Open Feb 2019
3) Braidwood Open April 2019
4) Murrumbidgee Open May 2019
5) Bombala Open May 2019
6) Yowani Open June 2019
7) Goulburn Cup September 2019
8) Gungahlin Lakes Open September 2019
9) Belconnen Open October 2019
10) Coolamatong Open October 2019
11) Cooma Open October 2019
12) Fairbairn Open November 2019
13) RMC Open November 2019
14) Yass Open December 2019
15) DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIPS (at Belconnen) December 2019
16)? An event at Federal? TBC
4) Points Structure
Points will be awarded to individual players for positions gained in individual Open events.
The same scale of points will be awarded at each event, regardless of the number of days involved.
For the Scratch Event: Individual players final points total will comprise the total of his best 7 rounds accrued from all events played in the season.
For the Handicap Event:Individual players final points total will comprise the total of his best 5 rounds accrued from all events played in the season.
The Competition committee reserves the right to exclude a particular event if the number of competitors that take-part is not sufficiently large to ensure a reasonable challenge for points.
Players finishing tied for a position in an event will all receive equal points for that position, i.e. if 3 people finish tied 2nd, then they share 2nd, 3rdand 4thpoints (111.7 points). Exception: if there is a play-off for first then the play-off winner receives 1stplace points and the others receive 2ndplace points. No points will be awarded to anyone who does not finish an event (i.e. individuals designated as N/A, when the results are obtained from GolfLink).
1st 150 points
all others 5 points
Double normal points will be awarded in the final event – the District Championships.
The same scale of point allocation will apply in both the SCRATCH and HANDICAP Competitions.
5) Final Results Determination & Prizes.
ACTMDGA OOM CHAMPION and ACTMDGA HANDICAP WINNER – will be awarded to the player with the most points (in their respective groups) at the conclusion of the Competition. However, winners of major prizes in Scratch will not be eligible to win major prizes in Handicap.
There will be a Perpetual Trophy, with the gross winners name engraved on it.
This person will also receive an embroidered Golf “Jacket” plus a significant prize voucher. The nett winner will also be awarded a significant voucher. Voucher prizes for Runners-up and 3rdplaces will also be awarded.
In the unlikely event of a tie at the end of the Competition, positions will be determined as follows:
Placing in the Final Event – the District Championships, if still tied then;
Number of events played, if still tied then;
Other criteria designated by the Competition Committee.
Individuals can only win one major prize (i.e. they cannot win both Scratch and Handicap prizes)
All events in the competition shall be played in accordance with the Rules of Golf as adopted by R&A Rules Ltd., together with such local rules as are in force on the courses being played.
6) The Competition will be under the control of the ACTMOOM Competition Committee (CC). This will comprise the Captain of the ACT-Monaro DGA and the Co-ordinator of the Competition, together with any of their appointees.
The CC has complete control of this event and reserves the right to vary conditions should it be deemed necessary. Decisions made by the CC shall be final.
All individual Open Events are under the control of the hosting Golf Club.
7) Compilation of the results will be managed by the ACTMOOM Co-ordinator.
The Co-coordinator for 2019 will be Simon Dunstone (DGA Match Committee)
email@example.com mobile: 0435 359 526.
M. J. Jackson, ACT-M DGA Captain, 8/2/2019