The annual forum enables our member clubs to get together on current issues for golf club operations, as well as development of the sport more widely in the District.
Forum 2017 – 19 September
Advance notice has been sent to all District golf clubs to attend Forum 2017 on 19 September.
Planning at this stage is based on:
- Keynote presentation from Golf NSW CEO, including an update on current support resources and participation programs to assist clubs, and future directions.
- A workshop session for all participants to explore club-level strategic concerns and priorities.
- Helping your volunteers deliver high value results for your members.
- Plans for 2018 in preparing clubs for the major simplifications to the Rules of Golf (not a ‘Rules Seminar’!).
Our inaugural forum on 5 April revia cheap price 2016 had three key themes:
- Leadership and support for member clubs from Golf NSW and Golf Australia
- Stuart Fraser – CEO, Golf NSW
- The potential for a higher golf tourism profile for the Canberra region
- Abul Rizvi – now a DGA Committee member
- Factors affecting golf participation in the longer-term, particularly junior golf development
- Gareth Candy – Australian Sports Commission, Sue Harrison – Jack Newton Junior Golf, and Elizabeth Yuen and Liz Chester – School Sport ACT.
Feedback from the Q&A sessions suggested the initiative to convene the forum was clearly successful, so the DGA Committee plans to continue with similar events every 18 months or so.
For a more detailed report of the matters covered in Forum 2016, click here.