MAGPIES BELCONNEN MEN’S OPEN AMATEUR CHAMPIONSHIP 13 & 14 OCTOBER 2018
The Magpies Belconnen Men’s Open will be held on Sat 13 and Sun 14 October 2018. It is a DGA Order of Merit event — so points available in all 3 competitions — Gross, Nett and Club.
The event will incorporate a 36 hole Stroke Gross and Nett in three grades.
Tee times on Sat and Sun are available from 7.00am to 10.00am and from 11.00am to 12.30pm.
Motorised cart hire from Pro Shop phone 02 6254 6740.
ENTRY FEE $40.00– limited starting numbers.
PRIZES:Prizes will be awarded in three grades for both overall event, Gross and Nett. Daily nett prizes on both days of the event as well as NTPs on the four par 3 holes.
A player is eligible to win only one daily prize each day, and one 36 hole prize overall.
Come and experience our improved golf course and new Clubhouse.
ENTRY FORM AND CONDITIONS BELOW…………………….
MAGPIES BELCONNEN GOLF CLUB OPEN AMATEUR CHAMPIONSHIP ——ENTRY FORM
Saturday 13 and Sunday 14 October 2018
36 Hole Stroke Gross and Nett Events
(Plus daily prizes and NTP’s)
Entries will only be accepted on this form (photocopy accepted). One entry per form
|Contact Phone:||Home Club:|
|Golf Link No:||Handicap:|
|Email (in capitals pls):|
ENTRY FEE is $40.00
Entries close onFriday 5 October 2018 at 5.00 pm or when a capacity field is reached. An entry form will notbe accepted unless accompanied by the entry fee. Late entries may be accepted if a vacancy exists.
Preferred Tee Times (please indicate one timeslot each day)
SAT 13: 0700-0830; 0830-1000; 1100-1230.
SUN 14: 0700-0830; 0830-1000; 1100-1230
Preferred playing partners:
_________________________ / __________________________ / ___________________________
Post to: Magpies Belconnen Open, PO Box 96, Kippax ACT 2615 with cheque payable to:
Magpies Belconnen Golf Club. Completed Credit Card entry forms may be emailed to:
By hand: Cash or cheque to – Magpies Belconnen Pro Shop.
Credit Card Payment: (Please indicate appropriate card)
Card Number: | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Name on Card: …………………………………………….. Expiry Date: ……/……/……
By completing and returning an entry form you agree to abide by the tournament rules.
The conditions of play are displayed in the MBGC Pro Shop, the Clubhouse and on this entry form.
A draw will be displayed in the Pro Shop and Club House by Monday 8 October 2018
Draw details can also be obtained by phoning the MBGC Pro Shop on (02) 6254 6740.
MAGPIES BELCONNEN OPEN CONDITIONS OF PLAY
- Magpies Belconnen Golf Club (MBGC) Open Amateur Championship is open to male golfers with a valid and current Golf Australia Handicap and who are a member of a Golf Australia affiliated golf club. The maximum handicap for this event is 36.The MBGC Open Amateur Championship is a 36 hole stroke event. Please note that if your handicap changes as a result of your score in the first round you MUST record your original handicap and your changed handicap on your score card for the second round. Your handicap for the overall event remains the same as the handicap you commenced the championship with, and your new handicap is used for the day competition.
- Starting times are 0700-1000 and 1100-1230 on Saturday 13 and Sunday 14 October 2018. A seeded draw of the top 8 players will be conducted on Sunday. These players will tee off last and will be advised via email of their starting time on Saturday 13. Players are required to report to the Pro Shop at least 15 minutes before their starting time. Every effort will be made to place participants in their preferred starting times. Preferred starting times will be allocated in order of Entry Form receipt. Late entries may be accepted if vacancies exist. The entry form will not be accepted unless accompanied by the entry fee. Entries will close on Friday 5 October 2018 at 5.00pm, or when a capacity field is reached. The Draw will be emailed to all entrants providing an email address on or as soon after Monday, 8 October. The draw will be posted in the Pro Shop and Club House on Monday, 8 October. The draw will also be available by phoning the Pro Shop (02) 6254 6740
- Handicap divisions will be determined by the MBGC Match Committee after entries close.
- Distance-Measuring Devices: A player may obtain distance information by using a device that measures distance only. Use of a device that is designed to gauge or measure other conditions that might affect play (e.g. Gradient, wind speed, temperature etc.) is in breach of Rule 14-3, for which the penalty is disqualification, regardless of whether any such additional functions are actually used.
- Play shall be in accordance with the Rules of Golf, as recognised by Golf Australia, and the MBGC Local Rules. Penalties for slow play may be applied. The MBGC Match Committee shall have the power to vary any conditions and to determine any dispute or question arising as to the disqualification of any entrant and may, at its absolute discretion at any time and without assigning reason therefore, refuse entry or declare any entrant ineligible to compete.
- In the event of a tie in the Open Championship, the winner will be decided by a three hole play-off on holes 1, 9 and 18, immediately after completion of play in the final round. If scores are still tied after the three hole play-off, a sudden death play-off on the 18th hole will be held until a winner is determined. Players not present to contest the play-off will be declared ineligible for the play-off and forfeit their right to contest the play-off. All other events, Gross and Nett, will be decided by count back as prescribed by Golf Australia.
- Unless the full Golf Link Number is provided, evidence of affiliated club membership and a handicap card must be available for perusal by the MBGC Match Committee. Players and their caddies MUST comply with the dress requirements of the Magpies Belconnen Golf Club. Non-compliance could see the player not allowed to start or asked to leave the course. Note– Metal spikes are not permitted.
- Gross results take precedence over nett results. A competitor is entitled to win only one daily prize each day, and one 36 hole prize overall.
- Cancellation and refunds: No refunds will be made for any cancellation received less than 7 days prior to the event except that cancellations on medical grounds or incapacity will be given consideration.
Prizes: Open Champion prize of $750 including trophy, Runner Up, $300 including trophy and B and C Grade Champions, $300 each including trophy. Note all prizes, except trophies, will be in the form of