Queanbeyan’s junior pennant team (winners of ACTDGA pennant 2017) travelled to Young to compete against Wagga Wagga in the Jack Newton Junior Golf State Match Play.
Queanbeyan had a convincing 4 ½ to 1 ½ win over Wagga Wagga and it is likely the team will play against a team from the far south coast for the right to play in State Final at Newcastle in January 2018.
The individual results were:
- Harry Smith (Qbn) defeated Max Jennings (Wagga) – two and one
- Rory Dicampli (Qbn) squared Max Jenkins (Wagga)
- Patrick Mitchell (Qbn) defeated Hugo Curry (Wagga) – six and five
- Justin Mann (Qbn) defeated Josie Curry (Wagga) – four and three
- Kartik Sharma (Qbn) lost to Riley Watson (Wagga) – three and two
- Lachlan DeJong (Qbn) defeated Will Johnson (Wagga) – four and three