Queanbeyan Golf Club presents the 4th Australian Three Person Ambrose Championship
$4,000 In Prizes
Saturday March 10 2018 7.45AM and 12.45PM Shotgun Start
Team Entry Fee (Golf & Lunch) $120
Minimum team Handicap 12
Name: Name: Golf Link No: Golf Link No: Name: Preferred Tee Time: □ AM or □ PM Golf Link No:
Contact No: Team Emaill:l
Payment Methods $_____ Cash Visa MasterCard Cheque (payable to Queanbeyan Golf Club)
Expiry Date / Card Number
Cardholder’s Name Cardholder’s Signature
PLEASE RETURN TO: QUEANBEYAN GOLF CLUB Brown St Queanbeyan NSW 2620 OR EMAIL: email@example.com
ENTRIES CLOSE: 5 March 2018
Australian Three Person Ambrose Championship Terms & Conditions
1. THE AUSTRALIAN THREE PERSON AMBROSE CHAMPIONSHIP: Eligible players are male amateurs who have a maximum handicap of 36 and female amateurs who have a maximum handicap of 45. Members of the PGA with a club Golf Australia Handicap are eligible to enter. The Australian Three Person Ambrose Championship will be held on Saturday 10 March 2018 and is a 3 Ball Ambrose with an AM, 7.15am for 7.45am and PM 12.15 for 12.45pm shotgun start. Teams will have a minimum combined handicap of 12. Players will use their Golf Australia Handicap i.e. no slope. Ladies will be given an extra .67 towards the teams’ handicap.
2. EVENT COMMITTEE: The Event Committee shall consist of representatives of the Golf Club at which the day’s event is being conducted. In the absence of the full Event Committee, such members thereof as may be present at any time may give a decision of the full Event Committee. The Event Committee reserves the right to vary any condition of this event. In the event of bad weather, or for any other reason, the Event Committee may shorten the competition, appoint another day or days for completion. Protests must be made to the Event Committee not later than 10 minutes after the conclusion of each round. The decision of the Event Committee will be final in all matters relating to the Tournament.
3. ENTRIES: The Event Committee shall have the right to refuse the entry of any person without being required to give any reason for such refusal. Entrance fees must be paid at the time of entry. Any entrant may withdraw and have his/her entrance fee refunded providing that notification is received by the time that entries close. All entries must be accompanied by either a current handicap record verified by the club or GolfLink Number. Entries shall only be made on the official entry form (photocopy accepted) unless otherwise permitted by the Event Committee.
4. RULES: The competition shall be played in accordance with the Rules of Golf as adopted by R&A Rules Limited, together with such local rules as are in force on the course over which the competition rounds are being played. If any dispute arises on any point, it shall be decided by the Event Committee whose decision shall be final. All players are required to adhere to the Golf Australia Code of Conduct for the duration of the competition.
5. DRAW AND STARTING TIME: A draw will be made by the Event Committee. The Committee has the power to amend the draw or substitute another player or team for any competitor or team who is not at the tee on time. However, it is a condition of the competition that, in the absence of circumstances which warrant waiving the penalty of disqualification as provided in Rule 33-7, if the player/s arrives at their starting point, ready to play within five minutes of their starting time, the penalty for failure to start on time is two strokes instead of disqualification. There will be 30 team spots available for both AM and PM on a first in basis.
6. PACE OF PLAY: Rule 6-7 will be strictly enforced. Each group must maintain its position on the course with respect to the group preceding them. Any group with more than a clear hole in front of them will be considered out of position. Penalties will be issued to teams in such groups who by their pace contribute to such delay. Warnings may not be issued prior to penalties.
7. DRESS STANDARDS: Players and caddies must observe the dress standards of the Queanbeyan Golf Club.
8. USE OF MOTORISED TRANSPORT: Players may use motorised transport. To book call the proshop on 02 6297 2542
9. DISTANCE MEASURING DEVICES: During the event a player may obtain distance information by using a device that measures distance only. However, if during a round, a player uses a distance measuring device that is designed to gauge or measure other conditions that might affect his play (e.g., gradient, wind speed, temperature, etc.), the player is in breach of Rule 14-3, for which the penalty is disqualification, regardless of whether any such additional functions are actually used. Note. The use of a distance measuring device that has a compass as one of its features, such as a ‘Smart Phone’, is specifically precluded.
10. PRIZES: The Australian Three Person Ambrose Championship offers $4,000 in prizes to the participants. The Committee reserves the right to allocate prize money based on the number of players. If a full field is not achieved prizes will be awarded on a pro rata basis. Prizes will be Gross, Nett and Nearest the Pins. The Prizes shall be awarded depending on the number of entries and as determined by the Event Committee
11. CONDITIONS OF PLAY: Two teams will hit off together with the team captain to mark the corresponding team’s card. The Captain (Lowest handicapper) determines the order of play from tee to green: • All players drive from the tee and the Captain selects the best position from which all players play. • Players must place their ball within one club length of the selected ball in the same conditions i.e. A ball on fairway stays on fairway, a ball in the rough stays in the rough. • The selected ball can also be marked and placed within one club length. • Each players drive must be used a minimum of four (4) times and recorded on the card. • On the green, balls are placed within one card length of the selected ball. • In the interest of speeding up play a ball that is putted and comes to rest within 30cm of the hole can be tapped in. • In the event of a tie the count back system will be used.